- This event has passed.
Zero Waste Day at the Sebastopol Farmer’s Market!
June 24 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Sunday, 6/24, from 10:00am to 1:30pm, 350 Sonoma and Recology are teaming up for a Zero Waste Day at the Farmer’s Market. In celebration of the roll-out of 3-bin compost/ recycling/ trash stations at the Sebastopol Farmers Market, we will be hosting a Zero Waste information table and display (on the east side of the stage).
Guy Tillotson, Waste Diversion Technician from the Santa Rosa Junior College is loaning us his displays of shocking quantities of plastic bags, single-use coffee cups, and plastic straws and lids that he has collected over short periods of time from the SRJC waste stream (photos below!). Bear witness to our collective trash production and learn how you can take part in solving this problem!
At our table you can:
– Learn about the upcoming Zero Waste Resolution campaign at the town and county level here in Sonoma County
– Learn about and share your own Zero Waste tips
– Find out about Zero Waste volunteer opportunities for teens and adults
– Decorate your cloth produce bag
– Pick up a free reusable grocery bag
– Sign a petition
The first 50 people to come by our table will receive a free cloth produce bag handmade from recycled cloth that you can decorate with fruit and veggie stamps (photo below!).