1. Register to vote. In California citizens can pre-register to vote starting when they are 16 (and can vote in elections when 18 or older).
2. Ask CA Senator Diane Feinstein to support the Green New Deal Resolution in U.S. Congress. Call her office: (415) 393-0707 or Send email to California Senator Diane Feinstein
Script: “Hello, My name is ____, and I am a student from _____(city), zip code is 95472. I am calling today to urge Senator Feinstein to sign onto the Green New Deal. This is extremely important to me because I need a livable climate for my future (and/or add your own reasons!). Thank you
3. Sign online petition asking the California teacher retirement fund (CalSTRS) to divest from fossil fuel companies.
Come to Climate Action Night, April 24th, 4:30-7:15, Santa Rosa Junior College. Learn from student presenters and take action on climate legislation.
Volunteer at Santa Rosa Earth Day on April 27th to help with compost and recycling: Click this link to sign up to be a volunteer at Santa Rosa Earth Day April 27th. If you want to be on the compost/ recycling stations, write “Put me on the Green Team” in the “Additional Comments” section.
Learn about the Green New Deal from the youth activist Sunrise Movement website
Learn why divestment from fossil fuel companies is a powerful tool to combat climate change: Watch video
- After you sign the online petition asking the California teacher retirement fund (CalSTRS) to divest from fossil fuel companies, ask your teachers to sign the petition by giving them this flier
- Currently over $6 billion of the teacher retirement fund is invested in fossil fuel companies, an industry that pumps CO2 into the atmosphere, the main source of climate change
- This letter explains the campaign.