This week we are launching an effort to get signatures on this petition asking the Board of Supervisors to stop the expansion of the Charles M Schulz County Airport:
Please sign now as we would like to deliver this petition with hundreds of signatures to the Supervisors next week.
To sign, click this: https://www.change.org/StopAirportExpansion
Reasons to sign
We are in a Climate Crisis.
- Locally we are already experiencing impacts of the climate crisis including record high winds, wildfires, floods, and the loss of health, homes and lives.
- In recognition of this, the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors has passed a Climate Emergency Resolution.
Air travel emits significant CO2 which worsens the Climate Crises.
- A round-trip flight from New York to London generates an average of 986 kg of CO2 per passenger. There are 56 countries where the average person’s carbon footprint is less than that for an entire year.
- There is a proposal to increase air travel at the Sonoma County Airport with plans to begin construction this summer on expansion of the airport terminal.
- It is expected to cost $25 Million to expand the terminal (half of the funds have been obtained). We need public support to STOP expansion of the Sonoma County Airport. To learn more and sign go to petition link.